30 November, 2016

An Ode to the Fallen Ones


The title of this post may be slightly mis-leading but it's going to get emotional nonetheless.











Whilst on a shopping trip in Exeter one windy, rainy day,
I stumbled upon a treasure trove, a rainbow in the grey.
'Twas called Sobey's Vintage & my heart began to race
As I dragged my boyfriend in with me, a smile on my face.

It was a playground of colour & among all the one-off finds,
Stood a silky, pink shirt that was largely over-sized.
I'd been dreaming of a shirt like this, searching high & low,
So when I picked this bad-boy up, I nearly blew my load (sorry, Mum if you're reading).

From the very beginning it was love at first sight,
I layered you over everything, wore you day to night.
But alas, like all great love's, things had to come to an end,
When I found a tear in you after this photo shoot with a friend.

I hoped things would be fine, perhaps a stitch would do it,
But as the tear got bigger I sighed & thought, 'Well, shit!'
I know when I've been beaten though & it seems our time is through,
Now my search continues but none will ever replace you.

R.I.P pink shirt, I'll miss you to my core,
Here's hoping I find your equal in another vintage store.
To all of those who've loved & lost, whether it be a shirt or heels,
My heart goes out to you fashionistas 'cause I know just how you feel.

---
Shirt - Sobey's Vintage
Flares - ASOS (similar here)
Princess Choker - WAH @ ASOS
Locket - Vintage
Trainers - Adidas @ Office
---
Photos by Ellie Swaffield


PS. I'M OFF TO NEW YORK TOMORROW - OMFG! Be prepared for lots of NYC posts to follow & if you're not already, make sure to follow me on Insta & Snapchat for updates

IG: fashionfancyidiot
SC: hannahmarieruss